CFI hot idle stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFI hot idle stalling

Well, if she doesn't straighten up her stalling I don't know what I will do. As soon as the temp gets over 90 she stalls at idle. Changed TFI to no avail. Today I adjusted the dashpot that controls idle up a bit and it didn't stall today, so hopefully
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Choke thermostat maybe?
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
      Choke thermostat maybe?
      Could be, when I got it in the fall, it seemed to idle too fast when I started it in the cold, so I bumped the choke idle down, didn't think about that causing this, thought they were seperate settings. If the change I made to the idle dashpot doesn't fix it (good so far) I will try that next.
      2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark
        Well, if she doesn't straighten up her stalling I don't know what I will do. As soon as the temp gets over 90 she stalls at idle. Today I adjusted the dashpot that controls idle up a bit and it didn't stall today, so hopefully
        have you checked out the vacuum solenoid that controls your dashpot? It may not be working... I have mine hard wired to a switch, for full control
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX

have you checked out the vacuum solenoid that controls your dashpot? It may not be working... I have mine hard wired to a switch, for full control
          Well after adjusting the dashpot idle up a bit and driving home in 94 degrees with the AC pumping away, I had no stalling yesterday, so that appears to have been the problem. Adjusting the timing a while ago must have been enough to throw the hot idle off.

Thanks to all for the advice.
          Perhaps this could be moved to the Tech forum??
          2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

done!

Glad that was an easy fix for you.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

easy, but frustrating :chainsaw:
              2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
              X