Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'90 Mk VII HO302

Just some general Q's ...

1. Does the 'stang cat-less H-pipe bolt to the MkVII's headers without issue?
    2. Do the MkVII's take the Impala tail pipes?
    3. Does a MkVII with HO302 and 3.27's move quick? Scott, how does your MkVII compare to your Town Car?
    4. Does the digital dash have any major electrical issues to watch out for?
    5. Did these cars come with 15" steelies, or are the steelies 16"?
    6. Do the MkVII's have any frame or body rust points to watch out for?

All other relevant info is appreciated.

1 i'm pretty sure they are the same
    2 no......theres a place in ny that makes a mandrel bent cat back system for the mk7.....gadget has their exhaust.....it's a work of art.
    3 it's quick.......only mods to my car are exhaust, 134,000 miles......ran a 16.08 at numidia during scottfest.
    4 the digital clusters have some sort of ground problem sometimes.....my speedo always works, sometimes my odomoter reads error
    5 90-92 cars came with 16" bbs wheels.....84-89 bill blass's had aluminum wire wheels, 84-87 lsc's had 15" aluminum wheels, and 88-89 lsc's had 16" aluminum turbines......the only steel wheel is the minispare.
    6 they are a unit body car, need to make sure the floors are good, rust areas are the rocker panels, and the trunk lid and the trunk frame by the back window
    also keep in mind that the air springs generally have a 15 year life........the abs accumulator will probably need to be changed also along with a brake flush (over a gallon).......they are fun cars tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Pretty much what he said. Mine has 230k on it and it moves. Never been to the track, but it feels as fast as the Townie does, and it runs a 16.02.

Just keep in mind, these cars have a huge amount of electronics in them, and they are getting old. The parts fail, and sometimes they do strange things. You'll also really need a Ford shop manual for it if you want any hope of keeping your sanity. There are systems on these cars that are unlike most any other car on the road, and without that manual you'll be in trouble if something happens. The air suspension and ABS diagnostic routines in particular are extremely useful, and not something that most places are familier with.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X