Good radio install kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good radio install kit?

I'm looking for a good install kit for a receiver. Since the 97 has the huge radio I'll need one that fills that space and I'd prefer one that didn't look too cheap.

Thanks!

p.s. OR if there is a stock Ford cd/mp3 player that will plug right in I'd be all for that as well.

I'm screwed right? LOL

Comment

Now, I don't know so much about the post '91 models, but is your opening a "DIN-and-a-half" size? If so, you can buy aftermarket stereos advertised for GM/Chrysler products that will fit that opening.

Dunno about handy wire adapter harnesses, but with a varity of similar-year Ford vehicles being fairly popular for stereo upgrades, I should imagine that options exist to enable an easy plug-in installation.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah, it's the huge opening like GM's usually have.

I have a radio already, I just need the install kit. I'll look at Best Buy this weekend.

Another question. How do i get the panel around the radio off? Looks like 2 screws at the gauge cluster and I'm guessing a bunch of snap fasteners I just have to pull on?

Comment

You could probably go to an radio shop that installs them and buy the mounting kit. That's what I usually do. And I'm not sure about how to get the panel off.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            You could probably go to an radio shop that installs them and buy the mounting kit. That's what I usually do. And I'm not sure about how to get the panel off.
            Yeah, I know i can get a kit just about anywhere. It's just most of them are usually cheap plastic and fit bad.

Comment

go to wally-world and get a ford mounting kit for 10 bux. its made by schotche so its decent stuff.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                go to wally-world and get a ford mounting kit for 10 bux. its made by schotche so its decent stuff.
                Thanks! I'm running into a problem figuring out how to hook up the antenna now though.

Comment

Working...
                X