03 Sport EATC issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 Sport EATC issue

It seems the EATC on my 03 Sport has a mind of its own lately. I can set it to vent and all is well, until I bring the RPMs up. The harder I'm on the gas, the more it acts up (since vac. is dropping at higher rpms). It will cycle through floor, then end up on defrost until I level out the speed and then it slowly returns to the vent setting.

I've been through self-tests on the EATC head and it did not show any codes. I've read somewhere that it's possible the o-rings in the head unit are going bad, causing a vac leak. I tried to crawl under the dash and take a look at the 2 vac. solenoids and they look good and connected from what I can see. The console shifter takes up a lot of space so I can't see all of it. Haven't pulled the head out of the dash yet.

Has anyone delt with this before, and if so, what did you replace to fix it? On a side note, I've had a CEL on that states one of the O2 sensors is lean, but in the diagnostics sheets it says a vac leak could set this code and it seems that its been idling a bit low lately, which could also tie into a vac leak.

I've checked the motor for vac leaks w/ carb cleaner and it came back negative.

I was going to chalk this one up to the "wife is crazy" file, but it did it to me the last few times I've driven it.

Jay
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
Working...
X