Any Marquis specific shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Marquis specific shops?

Is there any Marquis / Vic specific online stores?

Also, since I'm a noooooob. What is a panther? Besides a big cat.

In performance, there are www.ADTR.net and www.blueovalchips.com. Both are run by guys who mostly do "panthers" and are extremely helpful.

Panther is the name of the chassis that the Grand Marquis, Town Car, and Crown Victoria share. Panther refers to any of these three vehicles built from 1979 to present, as the chassis itself is amazingly similar through the years and accross the range.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Neato, I'd never heard of ADTR. Hadn't known about Magnaflow's new catback kit either, and they have it for about $40 less than Summit! I take it from the notes that the exhaust system was rerouted somewhat in 2003 along with the suspension upgrades?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          Neato, I'd never heard of ADTR. Hadn't known about Magnaflow's new catback kit either, and they have it for about $40 less than Summit! I take it from the notes that the exhaust system was rerouted somewhat in 2003 along with the suspension upgrades?
          I looked on Magnaflow's site and they show nothing for any Mercs. I wanted to hear it.

Comment

The 16788 isn't listed on the Magnaflow website?

I imagine the only concerns regarding that kit would be a) the price (ouch), and b) whether the tailpipes fit pre-'03 cars (both front and rear suspension was modified for '03; among other things, the rear shocks were moved outboard of the frame rails, but I don't know all the details).

Comment

The 16788 isn't listed on the Magnaflow website?

I imagine the only concerns regarding that kit would be a) the price (ouch), and b) whether the tailpipes fit pre-'03 cars (both front and rear suspension was modified for '03; among other things, the rear shocks were moved outboard of the frame rails, but I don't know all the details).
              When I entered the model number it came up just now. Thanks! It just wasn't coming up when I entered my vehicle info.

I had a Magnaflow cat back on my old Civic and it did not fit the best. I think if I ever decided on exhaust I'd just look into a stock dual for that year or just have a local shop fab one up with the muffler of my choice.

Holy crap! Almost a grand?!?! The one site has it for under $700 but I still that that is nuts. I'd just assume get a local shop to fab something up LOL.

Comment

True, getting something made locally from 2.25" aluminized will be lots cheaper than paying for a full stainless system, and if you're stuck with a single exhaust, even a stock 2" dual system will be an upgrade. Box-body cars function well with '95 Impala SS tailpipes (available in 2.5" mandrel bent from Dynomax), but 2.25" options seem to be quite limited.

Comment

And my house

If you read up on the Jmod at TCCOA.com and decide you'd like to do one, I can help you out. I have done my 97 and my 2002 as well as a 2003 and a 2004.

Here's my buddy James pulling his own 1-2 accumulator piston cap and snap ring, I did this one at his house.

I even still have the obscure Aero trans drill bits that I only used on my 97 and nothing else.

Comment

<--- jealous of garages where the floor is flat

Comment

<--- jealous of garages where the floor is flat

Wurd.

Comment

1980-present Town Car

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                        In performance, there are www.ADTR.net and www.blueovalchips.com. Both are run by guys who mostly do "panthers" and are extremely helpful.

Panther is the name of the chassis that the Grand Marquis, Town Car, and Crown Victoria share. Panther refers to any of these three vehicles built from 1979 to present, as the chassis itself is amazingly similar through the years and accross the range.
                        The Town Car was still a "barge-body" traditional full-sized model in 1979. It was downsized to fit the Panther chassis for 1980.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
                          And my house

If you read up on the Jmod at TCCOA.com and decide you'd like to do one, I can help you out. I have done my 97 and my 2002 as well as a 2003 and a 2004.

Here's my buddy James pulling his own 1-2 accumulator piston cap and snap ring, I did this one at his house.

I even still have the obscure Aero trans drill bits that I only used on my 97 and nothing else.
                          How long does this mod take and what will I notice when done?

Comment

About 3 hours given time for beers ans such...

And absolutely yes you will.

Comment

gotta love explaining to people who dont know what ADTR stands for. i love the confused looks that i get
                              What happened here?

Comment

Working...
                              X