Where is my antenna?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is my antenna?!

I just pulled the stock radio out of my 97 LS and there is no antenna going to the back of it? How will my new radio work?!

Here's what I have:

Comment

Here is what Crutchfield told me:
      I'll be glad to help with your question about completing the installation of your receiver into your '97 Grand Marquis. The head unit in this vehicle is just a controller/tape deck. There is a remote chassis unit mounted in the trunk which is a tuner, a signal processor, and a four-channel amp.

Comment

You'll probably find the antenna cable back there, I bet they sell a long adapter cable you run from the trunk to the dash.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hi Bob

I am not so familiar with the Grand Marquis more a Town Car guy but the antenna will be built into the rear defroster grid with an isolator module usually mounted uner the rear parcel shelf, as Crutchfield told you the radio you pulled out of the dash isn't really a radio just a control unit for the "real" radio mounted in the trunk.

Regards

Dereck
          President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

This keeps getting better and better! I'v ordered a handful of install kits and nothing will plug into my stock radio. I went to BestBuy and talked to a good installer there. I mentioned the car and he knew exactly what I was talking about. He said I had the premium system and when I told him I could not find any kits for the car he asked if I had an antenna plug at the head unit. When I said no he told me it was some JBL system, that is different from the regular premium system. I'm just taking it to this guy to install. I'm sick of dealing with it. LOL Out of all the radios I've done in the past this ones been the worst!

Comment

Working...
            X