Some pics of my old barge-body Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pics of my old barge-body Marquis

Found some pics of my old barge. These were taken around 1997.

This is without a doubt the most comfortable car I have ever sat in or driven.
    I used to tell people to imagine sitting in an easy-chair with a steering wheel in your lap. Cause that's what it's like driving this car.

1978 Mercury Marquis, 400ci with a C6 tranny.
    The car had an odd selection of options. It had A/C and a power antenna.
    And of course the 400ci.....The reason I bought it. Most cars like this (in my area) had a 351M. (yes would I have prefered a 460, but never saw one around here).

After that options were sparse. Open rear diff with highway gears.
    AM/FM (no tape deck) and yes......crank windoews and manual locks.

Oh, and I had dual exhaust put on it as well. It sounded really nice (glasspacks).

I always wished I kept this one.
    Attached Files
    Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

What year did you sell it? As I said earlier, nice car. I'm planning to keep my '79 TC for a LONG time
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I love those. I saw a 460 one for sale around here a little while ago..if only I had a garage
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I sold it in 1998.
        It was the first vehicle I ever had with air conditioning.
        Former panther owner
        1981 CV 351 4bbl
        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Cool! I want to eventually experience one of the barge-body cars.

Comment

It's an awesome experience, I'll say that for sure.
            I don't know if mine was unusual......but it really moved.
            It didn't like to break the tires loose, it would just squat and GO!

I recall this one particular time.....being behind this VW VR6 (back when they hadn't been around very long) headed out of town. There was this one long hill that is quite steep and goes to double lanes for passing about half-way up. The VR6 pulled out to pass a V8 dakota (the magnum version). The Dak stomped it, and I could see the VW (5-speed) downshift. The VW pulled past him and the guy was waving to him as he flew by. While all this was going on I also stomped it and I was right on the VW's ass all the way, he never pulled away from me and I also flew by the V8 dak. I was pretty impressed with the mercury that day because Magnum V8 daks were supposed to be pretty fast and I blew by this one easily.
            Former panther owner
            1981 CV 351 4bbl
            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

there is a green 78' still for sale by my old high school, its been for sale for 6 years lol...nice cars

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
              X