Hesitation when reving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hesitation when reving

I've noticed that on my car when it's sitting in the garage and I rev it a little it sort of hesitates before it revs. I'm thinking it just might be carbon build up or something and I'm going to run some Sea Foam through it. But what else could it be?

Have you cleaned the MAF sensor yet ?

97 right ?

Using CDC's Non residue contact cleaner, Remove the PCM fuse - Remove the air box - Spray the MAF without touching the wires and let it air dry for 15 minutes or so.

Whats the ignitions system history ?

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
      Have you cleaned the MAF sensor yet ?

97 right ?

Using CDC's Non residue contact cleaner, Remove the PCM fuse - Remove the air box - Spray the MAF without touching the wires and let it air dry for 15 minutes or so.

Whats the ignitions system history ?
      Yeah 97.

What is the PCM fuse? The MAF is just behind the filter housing right?

I have no idea. I just got the car a few days ago.

Thanks!

Comment

could also be a lazy TPS.
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
        1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
        http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

I'll be damned if I can remember which one it is, But IIRC it's 4th down middle row,behind the battery. 30 or 50 amp.

Now when you remove the IAT sensor and the MAF connector and lift off the airbox, When you look down the airbox you'll see the MAF wires.

Comment

Thanks!
            Why does the fuse have to be pulled?

Comment

Because the KAM part of the PCM will keep treating the MAF as a dirty MAF for up to 15 warm-up cycles.

Pulling the fuse and giving it ten minutes will revert the PCM to stock condition and it will loose all the learned data. It may shift funny for a day but I have never heard of any horror stories in 6 years.

Comment

Thanks!
                I'm going to change the plugs and wires as well.

Comment

Working...
                X