want to lower 99 grand marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to lower 99 grand marquis

i want to lower my car about 1.5 inches because it doesnt look right with its new wheels. i read the formulas but was wondering if there was another way than cutting the springs, or somewhere to look for parts

ive been searching the form an havent found anything on 3rd gen drops

Last edited by cbaileyevo13; 09-10-2009, 10:26 PM.

Coilsprings.com seems to be the place for custom ordered springs. their prices are less than what you are thinking. no more than what you would pay for stock springs. a few guys on CVN are using their springs.

Comment

aero springs make a box sit high, so maybe box springs will lower yours. There are aftermarket tru-coils that drop a box, but they might be too low for yours.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmerc View Post
        Coilsprings.com seems to be the place for custom ordered springs. their prices are less than what you are thinking. no more than what you would pay for stock springs. a few guys on CVN are using their springs.
        I have wanted to use their services for quite some time now. They've done a couple quotes for me. I think the last one was in the $200 range. Not very expensive at all, all things considered. However, my car is about as low as it can possibly go without major modifications as it is.

Comment

Said it before, I'll say it again. http://www.eatonsprings.com/mercury.htm Eaton Detroit 2" drop coils for the front. I had them on my 99 Vic, absolutely magnificent springs. Handled like a Civic, rode like a Crown Vic should, and I never, ever rubbed the tires on anything, 235-60/R16 tires. As for the rears, PI springs would do fine for the budget-conscious. I only scraped the front end once or twice in a year with those coils, and I wasn't paying attention. I'm about to put them on my Town Car. They run like $230 shipped for the pair.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by HotRodLincoln; 09-29-2009, 11:28 PM.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

Working...
          X