Lifting rear of a Whale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifting rear of a Whale?

I thought I asked this a while ago, but I couldnt find it or anything related to it when i searched.
    My 98 LS has the air springs. I'm looking to lift the back up a bit, give it a bit of a rake. Is there a way to adjust the height sensor?
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

I'm not sure about the height sensor but coils fit right in.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

yes, you can adjust the sensor. Not sure how high you can make it though.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

yes, you can adjust the sensor. Not sure how high you can make it though.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I like the airbags to keep it from squatting when its loaded. So if I got springs they'd have to be pretty stiff. The bags might be nearing the end of their life soon anyways.

How do you go about adjusting it? I'm only looking to get a "normal/level" ride height of 1-2" above stock.
          1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
          1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

the sensor is attached to the watts linkage. you move it either in or out, not sure which was raises is.
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Move it in or out? Do you mean up or down? I know that if the sensor is squished up it will pump up and visa-versa. I havent actually looked at the sensor, so I suppose that will be on the agenda for tomorrow.
              1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

I figured it out. Pretty easy.
                The sensor is bolted to the body on top. Its a 13mm. You just unbolt it and add some washers between the sensor bracket and the body. I bought new bolts (13mm M8 1.25 bolts) and put 10-11 washers inbetween there. The car sits a good inch higher than it used to.
                1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Working...
                X