custom sub box idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom sub box idea

my friend built one for his crapiece a couple years ago and it basically sat in the trunk well of the car. i was thinking of doing something similar. any cons to the subs firing towards the trunklid?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Vibration and "ghetto-rattle" maybe? I am not really knowledgeable about bumping systems. Although I wish I was.....

Comment

i have my 2 12" subs in a box in the trunkwell.............i used to have it under the rear deck, but it sounds alot better with the subs facing the decklid.........good idea to dynamat the trunklid (u can use sheets of pipe insulation from lowes......works just as well at 1/3 teh price lol)

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Mine face toward the trunk lid and it rattles like nobodies bussiness. I need to do something to calm it down.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
          i have my 2 12" subs in a box in the trunkwell.............i used to have it under the rear deck, but it sounds alot better with the subs facing the decklid.........good idea to dynamat the trunklid (u can use sheets of pipe insulation from lowes......works just as well at 1/3 teh price lol)
          cool, that will save me some money when the time comes to build this fucker :thumbsup:

Comment

has anyone put subs in the back of a wagon? I was thinking of cutting out a hole in the folding doors of the third row seats. Not sure how they would sound bolted to metal.
            2000 Grand Marquis LS
            2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
            1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
            Mercury Owners Group member
            Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evilcrownvic
              cool, that will save me some money when the time comes to build this fucker :thumbsup:
              when you build it you will still need to fully enclose it with MDF, you CANNOT use the trunk floor as part of the enclosure. It will rattle and flex.
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
                Originally posted by Evilcrownvic
                when you build it you will still need to fully enclose it with MDF, you CANNOT use the trunk floor as part of the enclosure. It will rattle and flex.
                nope, wasn't planning on using the trunkwell as part of the enclosure lol. it'll sit in the trunkwell but won't be part of it. if that makes sense

Comment

Working...
                X