I just want a fuel filter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want a fuel filter!

LOL I thought I'd change my fuel filter tonight. Run to OReiley's, just Fram. Run over to AutoZone, they only carry some no-name brand. I just checked online and Advance Auto says my local store has Motorcraft in stock so I guess I'll go get that tomorrow morning and do it tomorrow. This is the first used Ford I've had in a looong time. Since my first car, 85 Mustang GT. Back then all the local parts stores carried Motorcraft!

autozone filter should be a purolator.....decent stuff

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

There's nothing like the original stuff mang. Motorcraft ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
        autozone filter should be a purolator.....decent stuff
        I'd run a Purlator because I've always liked their stuff. But the AZ brand was some off the wall brand.

Comment

I got a Motorcraft at Advance Auto this morning. Going to throw it on in a few.

Comment

I like motorcraft oil filters... ribbed, for my hand-tightening pleasure
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
              I like motorcraft oil filters... ribbed, for my hand-tightening pleasure
              LOL....LMAO.....

Comment

Just replaced the fuel filter. I blew the old one out and a bunch of black looking fuel came out. I'd say it was needed. My plugs and wires just arrived too so I'm going to do those but first have to go get a good plug gap gauge. The one I have is junk.

Comment

FWIW, it doesn't hurt to double-check your plug gap gauge with a micrometer caliper or dial or Vernier caliper to make sure it's accurate. I was having signs of running a gap that was slightly too big, and discovered the gauge I'd been using was calibrated a bit too large.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thanks!

The spark plug gapper I have does not have a .054 on it. It has a .050 and a .060. Do I just sort of guess or can I buy on that does have a .054?

Thanks!

Comment

I have had much trouble finding .054 lately. The coin SUCKS...DO NOT USE THE COIN !

I am using a feeler gauge set up for point gaps in distributor caps. I got it at Autozone for I think $5. Flat blades, I use the .028 and the .025 blades together.

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          FWIW, it doesn't hurt to double-check your plug gap gauge with a micrometer caliper or dial or Vernier caliper to make sure it's accurate. I was having signs of running a gap that was slightly too big, and discovered the gauge I'd been using was calibrated a bit too large.
                          I have the same problem; being calibrated too large

i use the Fram filter from Wally world on the Tank. The Motorcraft one on the hot rod.
                          Haven't had a problem with either.
                          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                          Originally posted by pantera77
                          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                            I'd run a Purlator because I've always liked their stuff. But the AZ brand was some off the wall brand.
                            Doesnt purolator make Motorcraft filters?
                            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
                            1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

i think i saw some at walmart . . .
                              sigpic
                              Wrecked - Non-pi 1998 Mustang GT Best ET = 13.36@ 101
                              Just bought: 01 grand marq - 5th 4.6L and counting.

Comment

Working...
                              X