How to check for codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to check for codes?

In a lot of my past cars I could check codes by turning the key on and off a certain way or so on. Can I do that in this car? 97 GM.

1996+ requires an OBD II code scanner. The more you pay for one the more info it will give you.

BUT, You can go to any AutoZone and they can pull it for you.

Reach under the steering wheel,Near the ashtray at the knee bezel. There will be a wide black 16 pin connector sticking out. Thats the OBD II connector.

I remember getting codes from my 94 LHS like you're talking about. Not on Ford

Comment

Thanks! I remember on my wife's old ZX2 now. We took that to Advance Auto and got the codes. All it said was that there was trouble with the #3 cylinder. It did not say if it was a fuel injector, plug, wire, coil, or anything.

Comment

If and when you go to Auto zone , I suggest you ask the clerk to show you the screen or heck.. Ask if you can just use it.

I gave them my drivers license once and they let me go out side with it.

They guys at AZ down on Telegraph with the U-haul place is my favorite.. They are actually not that stupid... Well the really fat bald guy is The rest are ok.

Comment

They are actually not that stupid... Well the really fat bald guy is The rest are ok.
          Hey!!!! I resemble that remark!

Fat and Bald anyway.

Apologies for jacking the thread.

Brian
          sigpic87 LTD Wagon

Comment

Working...
          X