I MUST DO THIS TO A PANTHER!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I MUST DO THIS TO A PANTHER!!!!!

I saw this car on my classic car, and the first thing i said to myself was "Self, I need to find a 79-83 country squire and do this. Also wouldnt look to bad on a 89-91 either

And Actually, it wouldn't be hard to do either. Im thinking of the Roush 427IR crate engine, dont know about interior though. This is going on my bucket list.
    Last edited by hemihotrod402; 09-22-2009, 08:16 PM.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

its been done just has wood deleted and some other stuff looked good... he is on here somewhere anyone remeber his name?
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

or maybe some pics? i would probably keep the wood though. This wouldnt be able to happen in the near future, Ive got college to pay for.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Why would you turn a Panther into a green Falcon woody wagon?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What I want to see is a Panther wagon with a liftgate conversion.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

A wagon with a Tommy gate? Hmmm...I'm seeing the load staying on the ground while the rear suspension slowly collapses, lol.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Nate, lift gates can be two types - trucks have the Tommy gate, station wagons have the setup like the CTS in the picture (which is actually how about every European wagon is done). Oh, and kudos to GM for carrying on what Dodge did with the Magnum and keeping the domestic sporty wagons alive.

Comment

whats wrong with 84 through 88's?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

wow, ok here we go:
                      It would be nice to do that style of customization to a wagon, not turn one into a falcon.

That one is a little over the top for me, it looks nice, but to much like a truck

and yes, i meant to put 79-88, but it was a typo (dont ask how i got a 3 when i wanted an 8)

Comment

I have to say, the wood on that falcon looks a lot better than what our cars came with.

As for a lift gate, it would be tricky to fab one up, but I can't imagine it would be any heavier than what's already on the car. Unless of course someone just modified a stock tailgate, without putting it on a diet first.
                        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                        Open/Lock/Ratio #
                        -----------------------
                        G / H / 2.26
                        B / C / 2.47
                        8 / M / 2.73
                        7 / - / 3.07
                        Y / Z / 3.08
                        4 / D / 3.42
                        F / R / 3.45
                        5 / E / 3.27
                        6 / W / 3.73
                        2 / K / 3.55
                        A / - / 3.63
                        J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

Oh, that kind of liftgate.

I thought you meant the kind that was actually useful for something. :p

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

that's that new cts wagon

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Dear Panthers,
                              The stock 89 tailgate is too complex on too flimsy hinges with very hard to find weatherstripping. A lift gate would be nice but it'd be a major body work mod. Two thousand would be cheap.

Donald
                              1989 CP Scottified steering, suspension and big brakes, 16 in wheels, A-pillar oil & temp gauges, remote entry, backup sensor, tailgate wiper, custom console & trash, tranny & ps coolers, 3 cell radiator, electric fan, dual exhausts, battery isolator, hellas headlights,deer pusher,wads of dog hair.

Comment

Working...
                              X