traction control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

traction control

can anyone tell me about the traction control system on a 99 grand marquis ls, especially where it is located and how to disable it.

any help is appreciated.
    99' Grand Marquis

Do you want to disable it permanently? Otherwise to turn it off temporarily the button is on the left side of the glove box.
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

will take a look tomorrow morning, thanks for the reply
      99' Grand Marquis

Comment

Sorry to thread jack. But does anyone know of any way I can move the TC switch out of the glovebox??? I hate driving with it around town in winter. And it pisses me off that I have to reach into the glovebox everytime i get in the car...
        1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
        1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

just extend the wiring and move the switch to where you want it to be

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
            just extend the wiring and move the switch to where you want it to be
            Cool, thats what i was thinking. Just wanted to see if there were any good tips, tricks, ideas, etc...
            1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

yeah man thats gonna be a piss off. i never woulda found that on my own. adds a whole new level to the car without it on.
              99' Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSixOne View Post
                yeah man thats gonna be a piss off. i never woulda found that on my own. adds a whole new level to the car without it on.
                Just wait till the snow... you can barely go anywhere with the TC on. What tires do you have on there?
                1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

i dunno right now, i live in in nb just above maine. we get a hell of alot of snow here. pretty sure mine are firestone winterforce's in 16. if you ask me they look like mud tires, i will prob have them studded on all 4. right now TC stays on unless I do some spinning but in winter it may be a hassle to have on.

right now i run some sort of bridge stone summers tires, when i purchased the car it came with a set of new winter and summer tires.
                  99' Grand Marquis

Comment

I have General Altimax Arctic tires on mine. The GM takes the snow better than any other 2wd car out there, and probably a lot of 4x4's. Thats with the TC off. I can't imagine how awesome it'd drive with studs.

It's almost automatic now... if theres snow on the road the TC goes off when I get in. I leave it on for the highway/non-stop & go driving, cuz it really does help keep you from looking the driver behind you in the eyes...
                    But driving around town sucks. And if you have a louder exhaust it makes ur car sound like its running on 5 cylinders when it activates.
                    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

cant beat a rwd in winter....we all know why
                      99' Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSixOne View Post
                        cant beat a rwd in winter....we all know why
                        MMMMMMM donuts! haha

I fishtail everywhere I go. On purpose, and they are controlled. But its like Fast and the Furious: Wisconsin Drift.
                        1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

I ran winterforce tires last winter on my 2002 with an open diff.

I didn't have any problems. In fact since I still have the 2 I had on the rear last year, I'm puttin them on the front and 2 new winterforce on the back.

Now when I get those carrier bearings pressed on I'll put my trac-loc in too

Comment

Working...
                          X