95 GM headlight harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 GM headlight harness?

Hi everyone. I searched and couldn't come up with anything.

My parents recently inherited my grandfathers '95 Grand Marquis and the headlights leave a bit to be desired. I tried installing some "whiter" lights of the same wattage to see if maybe the bulbs were just not that great of quality. They did not help too much.

I'm trying to figure out if the factory harness uses relays to pull power straight from the battery, or if they run the power through the headlight switch. If it's through the switch, then are there any headlight harness upgrade kits or am I going to have to make one myself? I'd like to get somewhere in the range of an 80W low beam. I have hella 80/100 H4s in my Jeep Cherokee and love them.

Thanks for all your help.

My headlights in the 94 were dim looking, but that's because the housing's were fogged over.
    sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
    [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
    [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
    [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Yea man. Its prob your lenses, I just replaced the headlights in my 1994 and they are really bright. You can get em' off ebay for around $50 for both.
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Working...
      X