Installing new airbags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing new airbags?

well i got this dude right, he say he's goin to sell me his steering wheel out of his 1999 grand marquis. is leather && woodgrain one, he says that its compatible with my 1997 grand marquis, is that true you guys? and the next question is, how can i fix the passenger airbag thingy? do i buy one at the junk yard, or can i? now with that said if both of these items can be installed on my grand marquis can somebody give me a step by step instruction or how to? i would love to take a stab at this all by myself.

pics of course...

no help you guys?

Comment

The steering wheel airbag should have two screws on the back, and I'm not really sure how many are on the passenger side. but you'll have to pop the trim off right below the passenger airbag. When ever you install the new bags make sure your battery is disconnected
      sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
      [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
      [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
      [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

how do i remove and install another steering wheel. i dont see any how to's in this joint.

Comment

I don't know if it's the same on grand marquis as it is on my van. But after you remove the airbag on the steering wheel (two bolts or screws on back of steering wheel "might have a cover on them) There should be a large nut in the center of the steering wheel. After you remove this, use a steering wheel remover (you can rent one from the parts store) Doesn't take too long, but anytime you mess around airbags disconnect the battery

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcOI0zFITB4

Comment

I'd say just eliminate the airbags. Or do you need them for safety inspections or something?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i really dnt care for the inspection because i will pass every tear no matter what.

but how doesnt the airbag come with the front cover on the steering wheel? i plan on replacing it with a leather and wood wheel out of a 98+

Comment

yeah that shit easy. i took apart both my air bag as well as the dash and removed the bulb for the airbag light. and wouldnt you knw i start hearing a damn beep now 5 beeps 4 times in a row! damn! lol. but when my car get back out the shop imma have both airbags ready to be installed. and im not gon plug em up imma just put em there for decoration.

let the flame begin...

Comment

Boo you friggen suck... You need them damn airbags...

Actually I hate airbags... they leave nasty ass scars, and do more damage than good.

Comment

yeah i knw andd understand that i do need them but i was told that if i connect them withoutreseting the air bag thing or something of that nature that they will just deploy as soon as the car get power again. so imma just put em in and not connect em. i dnt plan on having any wrecks no time soon anyway so i aint trippin.

Comment

Working...
                      X