exhaust suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust suggestions

right now as it stands im looking for some suggestions and preferences on exhaust. i have the HPPackage which comes with 2" diameter H-pipe.
    btw its a 99 GM LS.

here are some of my ideas

cheapest: two glasspacks after the rear axle bends and straightens out. basically stock with with the two glasspacks as the last piece of piping with the full set of stock cats.
    my only question about this idea is the sounds, has anybody done it and know how it would sound? or any idea of how it would sound? if the answer loud and bladdy. slash that idea. Im able to do this all on my own so if it sounded respectable i wouldnt have a prob doing it

second: have some electric cut outs welded in and simply open them up when i want . sound loud i know, but would be able to shut them off before getting to much attention.

third option: header back exhaust full set up. although this is the most expensive i dont mind paying 400-600$ at a later time. any recommendations with mufflers , sizing, tips, and cat set up?

any reply would be helpful,

thanks
    99' Grand Marquis

Sounds of Dynomax should be your first stop ....

http://www.dynomax.com/soundsofdynomax.php

or on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORGyLVmFqmY
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Those little glasspacks behind the axle don't do much for your sound. You'd be better off putting glasspacks where your mufflers are, then letting the sound resonate over the axle and out the back. If you have the little resonators under the trunk now, cut them out and just use straight pipe. It'll sound a lot better.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

i was wondering what those were, what about just removing them, will that add any sound?
        99' Grand Marquis

Comment

Yeah probably just put straight pipe in where the mufflers are, and leave the resonators... or go totally straight...
          1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
          1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Youtube would be the first place I would look for sound clips. There are a ton of these cars with all types of mufflers and exhaust combos.
            1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
            1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
            1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
            1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Working...
            X