panther t tops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panther t tops?

has anyone ever made a grand marq/crown vic (2 door) with t tops? i've always wanted to try this, maybe find a t top kit from a buick regal or something, if i could find a car thats roughly the same shape and size i could probably figure something out. any ideas?

Would be cool, but dont ever think about taking it out in the rain. Factory t tops dont seal correctly, i can only imagine the mess of someone trying to do this to their car.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i have been thinking about the same thing. but i couldnt see cuting up a good car and just praying it goes good.
      1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
      1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
      2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

and it would have to be a slicktop.
        1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
        2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

i was thinking that (about the slicktop) but i think it would actually look pretty badass with the quarter vinyl top the 2 doors have. i really wanna try this if i can ever get my hand on a 2 door cheap

Comment

someone try it with a shitty parts car that you wouldnt fell bad if you really fuck it up
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

if that guy would have ever called me back about the 2 door cv, that would have been great. Are you anywhere near KC if you are i can call see if he still has it.

Comment

The problem is that panthers don't have pillarless glass, which is crucial for the t-tops.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Dodge had it right:

Comment

Tom was that actually produced?
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Apparently so.

Makes me think you could almost get away with cutting the door pillars...

Comment

That looks hot.

But cutting the door frame will be too much of a pain, but if you leave it as if and just slice open the roof it could be more manageable.
                        ~David~

Comment

You'd have to do some serious frame reinforcement. These things are wet noodles over bumps as it is.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                            You'd have to do some serious frame reinforcement. These things are wet noodles over bumps as it is.
                            LOL...LMAO...

Comment

Men have been slain for lesser offenses.
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                              X