Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to replace front speakers: 1987 Ford Crown Vic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to replace front speakers: 1987 Ford Crown Vic.

Hello, is there a guide somewhere on how to replace the in dash speakers on mt '87 LTD? Thanks!

Take off the dash pad. That simple. 4 screws up near the defroster vents and two screws on the side of the dash in addition to a couple just underneath of the dash pad running from above the speedo all the way to above the glove box. Then the speakers will be exposed and just unscrew them and install your new ones.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you might nees a 90 degree philips wrench since a screwdriver wont fit from the windsheild being in the way

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

stub nosed screwdriver will work best in this application. There should be 3 screws holding in the speakers, and a plug on the bottom once you pull the speaker from the dash.

Comment

and if im not too late...BE CAREFUL WITH THE SCREWS BY THE DEFROSTER VENTS! it is very easy to let them slip off into the vents. I have lost two already. Best advice would be to use a magnetic screwdriver.
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Haven't done them yet, but I will soon and keep that in mind.

Comment

a small rachet with a screwdriver attachment works preety well too.. i have owned two panthers and so far i havnt had to replace my dash ones they a crystal clear and loud...
              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Working...
              X