Intake Manifold!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Manifold!!!

So I am currently in the process of replacing my POS plastic intake on my 98 GM. What is the best way to get the throttle cable bracket off? The one behind and just above the fuelrail on the driverside? I know there is a bolt way in the back, how the fuck do I get at it??

Any other good tips/tricks for replacing the manifold?
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

these instructions are a great help.

http://web.archive.org/web/200705010...ntakeswap.html

2000 HPP Mods
    15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
    9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

I got it out... Took a long time, a lot of swearing, and throwing a wrench down the driveway to get it, but I got it! ...then it started to rain
      1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
      1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

PI intakes in. No leaks. I have heat. The exhaust is a little bit quieter too.
        1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

I remember that stupid bracket on mine, too. I couldn't see that it served any real purpose, so I just left it out and put a shorter bolt in the intake.

I see those instructions Jon posted call it a "crash bracket", but the purpose of the thing still seems a bit mysterious.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yeah I have no idea either. Those throttle cables reallyyyyyyy need it. :bs:

I put it back in. I didnt feel like going to Ace to find a new bolt. After you break all the holders for the ECM harness, it's easier to get in there. I didn't put the small metal plate that is bolted to the "crash bracket" back on, that was only there for the ECM harness.
            1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Working...
            X