EGR Pressure Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR Pressure Sensor?

How reliable are these sensors? I read a lot of people mistake a EGR value for this sensor fault.

I have a check engine light that comes on from time to time.. No , I haven't had the system scan yet but I would bet this is my problem. And since I plan to buy new exhaust sensors anyway I didn't had it scan. I found where its at under the hood. It has two small hoses connect to it. I don't want to damage these hoses so I was wonder how to remove them? Do they just slide off or are they clamp on?

Pull.

Pull hard but not a jerk motion, More like lifting a heavy object.

When I pulled mine both my hoses came with it. Both hoses and their fittings into the DPFE sensor are different sizes so you can mix them up or put it on wrong.

Ok I gotta ask....

Why do you bet this is your problem ?
    Why did you plan on getting a new one before this new CEL symptom ?

If you get P0401 then I would go right for the DPFE sensor.

Comment

The one I have is 9 years old.

...maybe its fine but sense I'm getting new 02 sensors I'll grab one of these and the EGR value from RockAuto.com on the discount deal.

Comment

I'd clean the egr channels out before replacing the dpfe. If that doesn't fix your problems, then swap the sensor.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I just had my codes read at Autozne. It was two codes: P0161, P0156

P0161 Heated O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2, Sensor 2)

P0156 Heated O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

Just bought this scanner off ebay. I didn't want to drive my unfinished project to autozone for a scan... next time I wont have to.

Comment

Working...
          X