factory replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

factory replacement

are their any factory cd players that i could put in my wifes 86? It has the premium sound. but i am not worried about having to rewiring it i know the proper wires for everything. also how hard to swap out the non working power antenna for a non power one??
    f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
    86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
    slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
    79 fairmont - DD

A town car would be your best bet, but finding one will be the hard part. The power antenna is kinda hard to get out of the fender, and depending what antenna wire you have you might have to rewire the thing.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

ok will keep a look out for a tc. i may just rewire it with my s10 antenna i have laying around
      f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
      86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
      slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
      79 fairmont - DD

Comment

if you don't mind totally changing around the wiring, I'd be looking at radios from a later Tbird or Mark VIII. Problem is, nothing really works with that stock 86 wiring. The later stuff can be swapped in, but you're looking at a new amp, all new speaker wiring, and figuring out how to actually mount the radio. Later ones have the holes on the side that you use the U shaped wire loops to pull, earlier ones just have brackets. probably not hard to take the brackets off the 86 radio and screw them onto the later radio though. Oh, Tbirds and Mark VIIIs sometimes had an optional cd changer in the trunk with the in-dash tape player, so thats another option if you happen to find one in the yard.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X