Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to install head unit w/digital/premium sound....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to install head unit w/digital/premium sound....

I'm attempting to install a new clarion head unit in my '87 Crown Vic Country Squire. I am replacing the factory digital cassette w/external amp & 6 speakers.

I have a 4 channel floating ground adapter connected as per the schematic/color codes.

I get the hu display, but no sound output.

I didn't connect the blu/wh wire as I thought that was for an aftermarket amp but that's not it, on the car harness, there is no corresponding wire.

I don't want to start indiscriminately connecting things and make smoke LOL
    Attached Files

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

honestly your best bet is to just abandon all that factory speaker wiring and run new lines from the speakers straight to the head unit. Lots less complicated and pretty well guaranteed to work properly.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't have the time to tear the interior apart right now.
      Also I would lose the dash or door speakers @ that point.
      There was another post that detailed the changing some wires in the harness by the kick panel, but I didn't quite get what he was saying.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

It is alive!!!!!

I'd had enough. I got some time to myself on Friday night, locked my self in the car (in the pouring rain) & got out the helms manual for the '87 'Stang, I figured it would be close enough, or I would make smoke.
        Circuit 747 O/LB is the amp turn on signal, it must be ON when the radio is ON and OFF when the radio is Off. Connected it to the amp turn on lead BL/WH from the HU & BOOM it finally freakin' works, all 6 speakers play, it is good.

New prob is an ignition whine, I supose that can be cured w/a filter on the power...next project...
        also the dash speakers have to be replaced, they sound like the old dried out paper cones that they are.

I'm also on the look out for door pods like on my GM CP wagon....

Comment

Working...
        X