Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this supercharger work?? I saw it on corral and idk looked better for box setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this supercharger work?? I saw it on corral and idk looked better for box setups

http://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1167728
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

The one for a Lightning is the one you want to get. Or you can buy it and see is you can swap all of the internals and externals around everything is in the correct position.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

anything will work with the right amount of modification
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'm curious as to why he's getting rid of the fox body, and buying something that's going to be an even bigger headache/money pit...

Comment

newer car mentality

i doubt that will fit without major mods........ac stuff is in teh way for sure

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That would probably work well on my Mark 7
            2000 Grand Marquis LS
            2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
            1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
            Mercury Owners Group member
            Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              newer car mentality

i doubt that will fit without major mods........ac stuff is in teh way for sure
              That was my thought, in addition, but I thought the Alternator would be in the way....The snout of that blower isn't designed to simply hang in space with a belt hooked to the end of it without some sort of support bracket. Perhaps a switch to a Fox body accessory drive system might make it work....in addition, is it just me, or is the price just a wee bit too high for this setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                in addition, is it just me, or is the price just a wee bit too high for this setup?
                The sale price does seem to be a tad on the enthusiastic side...

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                  I'm curious as to why he's getting rid of the fox body, and buying something that's going to be an even bigger headache/money pit...
                  Because he blew a head gasket, DUH! We all know that it's cheaper and easier to sell a 20-year-old car with a lot of money sunk into it for anywhere near said amount of money and then buy a $20k car that's going to be slower and cost much more to mod than it is to get the proper head gaskets and studs to run a blower and spend the MAYBE 5 hours swapping them it. I thought you were smarter than that, Pirate.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
                    Because he blew a head gasket, DUH! We all know that it's cheaper and easier to sell a 20-year-old car with a lot of money sunk into it for anywhere near said amount of money and then buy a $20k car that's going to be slower and cost much more to mod than it is to get the proper head gaskets and studs to run a blower and spend the MAYBE 5 hours swapping them it. I thought you were smarter than that, Pirate.
                    I stand properly chastised, sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X