Check Engine Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Engine Light

I have an issue with the check engine light coming on after hard acceration on the highway..... I just recently went from standard oil to Mobil 1 clean 5000 synthetic 2 changes ago... could that be the problem???
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

What are the codes?
    -Michael

Comment

if you don't have an obd2 scanner at home, auto-zone will pull the codes for free
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

He has a 92 so it's not OBD-II
        -Michael

Comment

my bad :drug:

Comment

You're a box guy so I'll let it slide this time.
            -Michael

Comment

lol

Comment

Re: Check Engine Light

Originally posted by importssuck
                I have an issue with the check engine light coming on after hard acceration on the highway..... I just recently went from standard oil to Mobil 1 clean 5000 synthetic 2 changes ago... could that be the problem???
                Clean out the EGR passages under the intake elbow....trust me, this will probably get rid of the code. If not, replace EGR valve. I had the same problem, and took me six months and three EGR parts......only to find out that all I had to do is clean the passages. Of course this was before I was even on the internet...or had a computer. This takes about 20-30 minutes, and is easy.
                Also there is a way to check your codes yourself. In the Haynes manual, it shows you how to do it. Basically all you have to do is jump a wire, then the "Check Engine" light flashes, and you have to count the flashes. Then the book has the codes, with the corresponding problem listed.
                Hope this helps
                Good Day
                1993 GM LS 244K
                29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
                All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

you can buy a reader for old fords for $20. you count the flashes of the cel, then you look it up, and you will know for sure. if u never cleaned the passages, do it anyway. They are most likely plugged! They all do eventually after 80k miles.

Comment

Working...
                  X