Door Pulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Pulls

Anyone replace the door pulls on their car? Two of mine need fixed. One the covering fell completely off, no tears or rips, just like new and it was in the glove box when I bought it. The other is still hanging on, but, not wrapped around any more, just on the ends. Does the door panel have to come off or do the chrome covers pop open to exposed a screw?
    Thanks
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

you pop the caps off and there shold be rivots.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

how much force and which side?
      2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

u only need a small flat screwdriver to pop the black cent peaces of and they should come off effotlessly and u drill the rivots out from the out side, dont have to take the panel off.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
          black cent peaces
          Mine are all chrome, but will give it a try

Thanks

Any suggestions on glue type to reattach the covering?
          2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

NNNOOOOOO!!! dont go prying on those you will just scrtach them up.

there are two upholstry nuts on the backside of the door panel, and two suds coming out of the strap. You have to take off the door panel.

I dont know what that other guy is talking about.

PS your interior is brown isnt it??? I think i have one brown strap here in decent shape if you want it.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

oh shit, i guess its a crown vic thing, mine are rivoted :drug: sorry for the missinfo :drug:

Comment

wait!

I keep forgeting there is more than one type of grandmarq door panel...

OK so my info is only applicable to the style that is like the crown vic
                  sigpic

Comment

see, how can i be totaly wrong? they dont call me the marquisman for nothin :drug: ...i love this smilie :drug:

Comment

Have you ever had your door panels off, dude? I'm pretty sure they all attach that way.
                      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

i believe they all attach with nuts.........btw these are no longer available new from ford................also there are at least 3 different length straps.........which ones do you need? lots of boxes out this way lol
                        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

There's long and short for 2 doors, not sure if the shorter ones match the 4 doors or not.
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Well, fortunately I was too busy killing Bass over the weekend to work on the door pull!!

I have to pull the door panel off anyways to fix a faulty power window, so I will see what I ahve when I get that off.
                            2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX
                              PS your interior is brown isnt it??? I think i have one brown strap here in decent shape if you want it.
                              Yea, it is Chocolate!!

How much for the pull?

Any suggestions for glue to reattach the cover?

Tanks
                              2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                              X