HOW TO REMOVE THE F***IN S CLIP IN A TRAC LOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW TO REMOVE THE F***IN S CLIP IN A TRAC LOC

Ok. I got boned yesterday because the stupid pinion retaining bolt snapped and the pinion bolt wouldn't come out.
    Zack (Pantera77) and i found a 99 CVPI with a locking diff and 3.55's in it. I just need the damn diff. Now, we've done everything right so far. I just can't get the S-clip out. And since i can't get it out, the c-clips aren't coming out.
    The cool thing is, the car has 93K on the clock, and when i popped the cover, the oil was almost brand new. It was still light honey coloured.
    So, i need help or suggestions or anything to get this thing out so i can have some winter traction.
    Thank you peoples.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

hit it with a big hammer. i don't remember having to take the s spring out though to get the axles out though.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Thanks mang. It's just half stubborn and i'm half retarded.
      Just had a bad day at the junkyard. I better get that fucker tomorrow!
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

What having me crawling threw snow looking at axle tags isn't fun?
        I still don't know why it was being such a bitch, I don't remember having that much trouble with the s-spring on my car. But these axles wouldn't go in anymore to get to the c-clip. Then again I wasn't laying in a frozen mini pond...
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

you don't need to remove S spring to remove clips.
          you need take the center pin out.

plus the calipers need to come off then the axles should slid in enough to remove clips.
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

center pin is out. calipers and rotors are removed. I'm about to make one last attempt.
            In 35* and rain. F it.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

just have someone push in hard on the axle while your in there and you should be able to slide it out.

we just used a screwdriver and push it off the axle
              ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
              ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

yeah I don't recall pulling the S spring either. Usually just needs a good hard shove and a long screwdriver to push the clip off once the pin is out. Just be aware that if you do yank the spring, all the parts will fall out.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I won. I just had to fanagle the spring just right and the axle popped through. I got the C-clips out.

Proof:

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                  X