Head lights wont come on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head lights wont come on

My head lights use to come on like norm with the auto light. Maybe about 5 months ago i started to notice i had to hit the hi-beam switch a few times to make it come on now it wont come on at all. I wanted to know is it just the high beam switch thats gone bad? I mean i can make the high beams or the low beams come on with out holding the high beam switch with the indicator light on the dash lit up. When i let it go the head lights go out.!
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

i'm guessing your car has auto-dim. probably the MF (multifunction switch, aka the hugh beam switch in the column) is bad.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do those light sensors go bad?? maybe its giving a false signal.
      Are they working ok with the headlight switch? just the auto thing is bad?
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The lighst are not workin with teh headlight switch at all either. The only way they come on is if i hold the high beam selector switch while i drive. if i let it go the lights go out all of them. Im on my way to the yard this morning
        The Best

Comment

Thanks alot for ur help guys.. It was the multifuction switch. One of teh terminals on the switchhad burnt out. I had a short in my lighting system a while ago and i think that may have created that terminal to burn out. My lights are work like normal again. GMN man i dont know what i would do with out the site sometimes..
          The Best

Comment

Working...
          X