quick Linc question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick Linc question

what kind of fuel system is in an 81 townie?? my cousin is looking at an 81 and it screams electronic fuel injection all over it. i thought EFI wasn't available till 84?

thanks guys!

It's the CFI setup, Lincolns got that before the other two Panther cars.

Comment

ahhhh... ok. any good??

Comment

No but plenty convert it to carburetors and they are better.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

EEC III CFI to be specific. Almost entirely different than 84-85 CFI. Parts are expensive and hard to find. They are also totally different than 84+ parts. Runs fine when running, but diagnostics can be a bitch. If the car is really nice, and the price is right don't let the injection stuff scare you away. If it bombs on you, you can bolt a 2bbl carb down to the stock intake and make it run, or multiport inject it.

EEC III isn't really that horrible, but nobody knows how to work on it. Its also got some wierd things compared to what most are used to, a big one being the ignition system, and the timing is not adjustable. It uses a crankshaft trigger and a Duraspark ignition box instead of the more familier distributor mounted module. The distributor is nothing more than a rotor, and you can't adjust the timing by spinning it around. The sensors are all specific to 81-83 models as well.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

alright. i'll let him know. this thing is mice. one dent in the body, pass 1\4 panel but not bad, couple cracked lights but the interior looks immaculate. for $800 i dont think its to bad a deal.

Comment

Working...
            X