NY/Ontario convoy planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY/Ontario convoy planning

So we have quite a few people interested in a convoy from ontario and western new york it seems.

I can't say I've ever planned a convoy before, but it seems like we should figure out where everyone is, and where people are clustered we should find a truckstop or something where we'll all meet up. Say, one in Hamilton or wherever in Ontario and one in Buffalo, and one somewhere closer to Skippyville.

I'm trying to get a frappr map going, but the site is being a bit of a pravneet. If anyone can get one working, that'd be great.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Frappr is a bitch lately. I'm on Grand Island (that big island thing between the falls and buffalo)
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

in milton, pretty much right in the middle of everything. i'll only make it if i can get a few days off but i am not sure what summer will be like.

i like googlemaps even though no one else does
      Last edited by ÆJackacks; 12-21-2009, 11:19 PM.
      Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

in Niagara Falls. I think we should meet at Big Jim's Truck Stop in Cheektowaga. There's an HUGE parking lot next to it and it's ideal for staging a large Panther convoy. I'll have to leave it up to you Canadian mangs to organize the convoy til you get to Jim's. We should be good after that.
        -ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Cheektowaga sounds good. That should accomodate most of the niagara falls, Tonawonda, and Buffalo guys. We'll see if there's anyone south of that enough to make another full convoy stop worthewhile.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

mmk i want to be part of this convoy how bout when you mangs come down south we meet over by oleanish? i am in jamestown sooo what to do what to do.
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I usually rock 90E to 81S
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

I'll just follow the marauder......
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You have to distribute CDs with the theme to 'Convoy' on it for this to have any chance at success.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                    I usually rock 90E to 81S
                    GO 190 to 219 to 20a past warsaw to i390 to I86 to 15 to I180 to I80 to route 42 to 54 to 901 than I81 for 1 exit. that takes to long ryan I 90 to I81 lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

5 hours. its also a lot easier. especially if we meet in cheektavegas... And it's a lower chance of people getting lost.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

be alittle ridiculous for me to meet in buff then go south i waqs planning on meeting yall somehwere along the way btw i can rocxk out the convoy cds i was already planning on playing both versions maybe a 3d as well

Comment

So pretty much were going to just keep picking up people along the way.

Comment

easier for me to hit up 219 from salamanca to 80 then pretty much a staright shot to bloomsburg

Comment

? Scotty's place is in Pottsville
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                              X