eek. speedometer died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eek. speedometer died

the other night driving home from work, my speedo started bouncing between 30 and 0. 30 is the speed i usually set the cruise at because of the tranny probs i'm having. yesterday on the way to the grocery store it worked till about half-way and then stopped working. today i swapped in the speedo i originally had. not working either. all the idiot lights work, and both my temp and fuel gauges work. i'm baffled. if it was an older box, i'd say the speedo cable, but its a 90, so everything is electronic. the only thing that i did in the past 3-4 days was avoid some idiot that tried coming into my lane so to speak. i was turning right, and he was turning to his left(we were facing each other and going the same direction) he was making the fucking turn like a mack truck. when i looked, he was on his cell phone and had a cup of coffee in his hand, so rather than get hit i mashed the gas and made my turn. well, as i finished the turn it felt like the back end drivers side took a massive, massive dip. pulled into the gas station and looked it over. everything looked ok, nothing was drooping or anything, but after i left the gas station and set the cruise is when it the speedo started to bounce about. any ideas?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

replace the vehicle speed sensor.......let me know if you need one.....it is of no use to me, i have a speedometer cable
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

thanks, i'll try crawl up there tomorrow and i'll let you know.

Comment

pulled the codes and no vss code. is it possible it died and is not throwing codes? it was mentioned that if the vss was at fault, it would show a code.

thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Working...
        X