went to look at my towncar yesterdday :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went to look at my towncar yesterdday :(

well i got to the shop to see how the engine build is going and he wasnt there, but the tow truck company owner was there had a cougar on the hook about 12 feet in the air. it was rusted to hell and they took the driveshaft off it. he mentioned mine would look like that if i left it there, so i think hes getting sick of keeping it for me.
    he mentioned both fronts are flat.
    so i went to take a look at it and make sure theres no critters bees or water inside.

im not worried about the bottom rusting, remember it was leaking oil so bad my oil stain was the shape of the car.

poor girl

Car =

Steak =

Bring it over here, and ill grill that beeotch up!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

poor townie in teh weeds........git er done mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That is SO WRONG! :cuss:

What's the story? I think I missed it.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

as posted october last year -my car has been sitting ever since.

my towncars rear main seal went that when i was driving it for a few weeks it smoked so bad it looked like i was going down a dirt road. and this was on my 220km round trip to work everyday. so eventually it started running out of oil before i got to work. so i had to fill the car, and 2 jugs full of oil just to get home, and then back to work in the morning. id get home from work and oil would be dripping off my back bumper it was leaking so bad. i got oil for free from work so i didnt care.
          when it rained i could see a steady line of oil behind me. overheated it about 7 times. it burned all the coolent so i ran it on no coolent and a litre of trany fluid for about 10 minutes one time (when i forgot to fill the extra jug full of oil at work to get me back) till i got to the next gas station. well i got pulled over that night by the cops, towncar smoking overheating and expired temp sticker. got off with a warning but had to park the car. rented a kia, cops showed up at my house because the towncar was spilling oil on the street. the stain was in a perfect square the size of my car. i had to tow the towncar and have it stored at my towtruck drivers place right next to my mechanic and body shop.

i was driving it like that down the 400 highway, setting the cruise to 160kmph every now and then, and through toronto. it was sort of embarrasing but my tint is dark. the cop must have thought it was funny that i said its only expired by 7 days and thats "not too bad" then he saw all the steam and smoke through his flashlight beam.

anyway the neighbours put an end to my oil leaking by having my ass handed to the fuzz.

this was last year.

so i bought the 1988 HO stang engine last september, it was getting refinished at Ideal supply till february. i gave it the works.

at the time the towncar died, i had to rent a car as my other car was down as well. got jerked around a bit and had to pay alot of cash out for the rental and to have my camaro fixed. so the towncar was put on hold.
          the engine got finished refinishing from the shop
          hottanked bored 20 over, crank polish, cam polish 10 under bearings, 3A valve job, valve seals, port matched heads, 1.7 roller rockers, oil pump, water pump, oil pan, hypereutectic pistons, lsc tranny and tcc.

and i picked it up and took it to my bodyshop man (whos building the engine) and hes been really busy. this is the finished HO block on the front seat of my camaro.

this week though he should have the heads ported but im not holding my breath. the roof i had cut off is also at the same place.

had some work done on my camaro at the shop next to this one and asked if he wanted to do the swap on my towncar. told him about it the tranny floor shift to coloumb shift, the throttle linkage problem, and how i have to use my old fuel rail and he seemed confident.

so perhaps this month ill be rocking?

im just hoping nothing else goes wrong with the car... like a cracked rad from me leaving water in it and it freezing... or the fuel pump going... or rear diff or whatever.

Comment

ugh

went to put air in the front tires today
            the gasket matching of the heads is underway FINALLY

forgot to unplug the battery so i think its toast, was covered in rusty looking liquid. but its under warranty so ill get it 'tested' at the store tomorrow, and pick up some new cables and connectors. lead is the favourite right?

anyone know why the trunk wouldnt close once i opened it with the battery dead? probably because of that pulldown. damnit.

Comment

I know how you feel my merc has been off the road for the last 5 years. :cry:
              I really miss driving it.. :poop2: :poop:

Comment

took the battery out was still under warranty. a spare battery got the trunk closed.

Comment

yea that trunk closer gets fussy when there is no battery power..............shame you are so far away in the great white north.......i would love to wrench on your ride with you
                  scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

thanks scott

but dont say white north yet... its still summer for the moment

Comment

Working...
                    X