Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Frame Repair, and Rust Prevention.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Frame Repair, and Rust Prevention.

Yep, it's true and I'm sure some others of us have this same issue, I have ruted it to the condensor drain. So I'll fix that problem, and repair the frame. Don't run away at first site, it looks bad but will be back together in no time. Gotta love wleding!! (HEY WHERE IS THE WELDING EMOTICON!!??)

Here is the first pics of it, I already removed the bulk of the rusted part.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 11-02-2006, 09:46 AM.

Hey! I'm gonna fix my rockers too, only mine is almost completely gone! I'm cutting out the rockers on my parts vic and welding them in. I new that car was handy for more than just doors and fenders.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Thats fucking insane!!!!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Keep in mind that I did cut all that out, even though it looks like it just rusted clear off. The outside face did have a long clean rust through, but the bottom was there (with some holes).

Comment

ewww get it away, GET IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Holy shit! I've only seen surface rust on box frames!
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Good grief, that would be going to the scrapyard if it was mine! Unless i could find a dirt cheap donor car! I've never seen a panther frame rotted like that, bumpers yes, frame no..
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Why toss it. Clean the fucker up and hotwrench da bitch. It is just like boking in a frame!(Actually IT IS!!!) I wish I could weld!
                2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingstang
                  Why toss it. Clean the fucker up and hotwrench da bitch. It is just like boking in a frame!(Actually IT IS!!!) I wish I could weld!
                  That's a hell of alot of rust. I'd cut another rail off another car.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

:welder: Lookin for this?
                    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                      Good grief, that would be going to the scrapyard if it was mine! Unless i could find a dirt cheap donor car! I've never seen a panther frame rotted like that, bumpers yes, frame no..
                      Have you ever read my sig, or even looked at my car? There is a lot of work put in this car, and a little bit of the R word is not going to scare me off. Total work time is up to 2hours now. I've got all the cutting and removal of rust done. All that is left is to get rusto-paint, the new metal, and :welder: it all together. It'll be good as new, you'll see...have faith young padawan. (Yes I know I'm younger than he)

Comment

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! sorry I lost it there for a minute.

Glad to see you are fixing it up though. Its just that one side?? Definitly looks like some AC water was just pouring right down the rail for 18 years.
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

19 years goin on 20

Yeah, you can see the body beside the frame. It's in perfect shape. It's just that one spot, on the frame only. When I'm done I'll be running the AC drain somewhere else.

Comment

eek! i've never seen a panther frame that bad........fix er up!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hm, my AC drain bails out of the evaporator case and kinda just runs down near the firewall and out on the ground. how are drain tubes routed on Vics?
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X