a little detrimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little detrimming

i'm gonna be at some point removing most of the granny chrome trim along the bottom of the car. i just have to get a set of chrome rockers off a merc. my other plan was to remove the rubber door strips as mine is no longer really blue. its more of blue/grey/green anyone done that? if so got pics?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

just found this on cardomain

he wheel trim is coming off and staying off

Comment

Wow, nice vic!!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

that de-chromed look is pretty sweet
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

me likey wheel well trim!!!! I was gonna say if you axe the granny chrome, you will need different wheel well trim to match, but no worries if you go without it.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

That strip is just glued on, I'm pretty sure.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

we'll find out

Comment

The rubber door strips are a bitch to get the adhesive off. I used acetone and 3m's adhesive remover (that doesn't take off shit btw) and rubbed it forever and I still have some on my rear door cause I ran out of acetone.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

I got my trim off. And i also got all the crap off too...that comes with a price though. It was so hard on it that it actually tore the factory paint down to the primer in some places. Not to mention rubbing through some places. If you do it, get a buffing wheel and some good FastWax because the rubbing will leave the surrounding paint dull.

Here is my before and after, I'm going to eventually play with blending in some touch up. Though new paint is on the menu as well.
                  Before

After

Comment

I thought that rubber stip had clips on the back of it so you had to fill the holes in. Or did they change and its that way on my 91 but not the older cars.
                    \"454 SS, I race Porsches. White leather seats, they fresh as Air Forces. Doing bout a hundred but the track still bumping. Number 8 on N.W.A., Straight Outta Compton\" ~T.I.

Superford Profile

1991 Crown Vic
                    Stock Trim, 3.55 Trac-Lok, Dual Exhaust, Big Brake Swap, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, H-4 Conversion, Driving/Fog Lights behind grille, Rear Airshocks & Moog Cargo Coils, KYB Shocks and HD Coils up front

Stage 1 HO Conversion LoL: HO intake and throttle body.

Future Plans:
                    H-1 Conversion, HO Swap, Gauge Set, New Paint
                    Full Leather Interior (coming soon)

Comment

If you have that thin strip, it should be stick on.

Comment

Working...
                      X