Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights

Hey, its me again. How do i get my whole headlight assembly out? I know theres three "clips" there but what do i need to get them out? I just got passed my road test, which gave me a motivation boost to get my car on the road before Feburary.

Only 5 major issues are left that has to be fixed before i drive it:
    1. Replace serpintine belt
    2. Fix air suspension
    3.Fix airbag (code 12, replace fuse)
    4. Find whats wrong with brakes.
    5. Ball joint inspection and possibly replacement

Now my breaks were just replaced before i bought the car but the light is on. Could it be from sitting all winter long?

All in all im happy my car is almost ready. I want to try to make my 4.2 one of the best looking cars on here. I guarantee my next car will be a 2000 and up.

Update on my last problem (car wont start): It was my battery that was the problem. When i took my car to autozone, it gave a false reading. I then took my battery to autozone and it was a dead cell. Thanks for inputs from the last thread. You guys are the best.

One last thing, can anyone find me the wiring schematic for the radio because i have to splice the power wires to my new cd player but i cant find an acurrate diagram for the wires. Plz and thanks.
    2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 (Frost-Bite)

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Is your ABS or Brake light on ?

The 3 clips are snap rings and they SUK ! Get new ones while you're at the store.

The idea is to spread them open and pull up and off the black adjuster nuts. Do not turn either the black nut or the silver rod coming thru it independently of each other.

Comment

Yeah, you're better off breaking the clips then trying to spread them. What's wrong with the headlights that warrants taking them out?

i have a schematic from Ford. I'll scan and post it when i get home.

A few things: cars have brakes, not breaks. And it has a 4.6L motor.
      I'm not trying to be the spelling police, but i dont like decyphering english in order to reply to threads.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Other than replacing the chrome strip above the headlights and replacing the bulbs, no reason. Sorry for the errors, i was rushing to get done before class started.

Thanks.

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

I have both abs and brake lights on.

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

anyone?

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

I'd check for leaks or rusted brake lines, if that all checks good then probably an ABS sensor.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
              1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by srv14624 View Post
                I have both abs and brake lights on.
                My ABS light is on in the 94, could be something pricey like the pump. The 94 has its share of issues, check engine light is also on, they told me $200 to get that fixed (clogged EGR tubes). Also mine bucks. Oh and those clips for the lights, pain in the ass, I got more from a body shop that had a parts GM in the back. The resale on these cars is very low...I mean I see them struggle to sell for $800 in good running shape therefore I dont want to put too much money into the car. Sorry about the thread jack lol.
                Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 01-20-2010, 06:55 PM.
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Working...
                X