Coil packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil packs

Are they interchangeable from side to side? Are all years from 92-whenever they went to COP the same? The guy buying my Cougar has a '92 Vic parts car with good coil packs and the Cougar has a bad one... cylinders 1 and 5 will not fire (the 2 front terminals on the PS coil pack).

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
    1997 Jeep Cherokee

I want to teach you to fish and not just buy you a fish sandwich...So just don't call me an asshole right off...

For any part questions you may have like this try RockAuto. Look up the part in the car that has it, Then click on the blue # next to it. This will bring up their listing of all the cars and years that use the same part.

The short answer is yes L and R can be swapped, Notice the numbers in two colors ?

As for the model to model compatibility,I can not say.

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
      I want to teach you to fish and not just buy you a fish sandwich...So just don't call me an asshole right off...

For any part questions you may have like this try RockAuto. Look up the part in the car that has it, Then click on the blue # next to it. This will bring up their listing of all the cars and years that use the same part.

The short answer is yes L and R can be swapped, Notice the numbers in two colors ?

As for the model to model compatibility,I can not say.
      I did. Now I want to teach you to measure twice and cut once... I can't count the number of times I've gone to the parts store and gotten the "right" part, only to find out that there wasn't a chance in hell it would work, but that's the part that the part store gods said is right... So, when I don't have time to dick around driving the 50-mile trip to the nearest parts store more than once, I look it up AND ask.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Alright then... Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
          Alright then... Good luck to you in your future endeavors.
          Awww... did I hurt your e-feelings?

Thanks for the information you provided... I didn't mean to sound like a dick.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

get the msd ones. they're only 70 a pop.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
            X