• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washer fluid full but doesnt come out?

Whats up with that?
    88 MGM 5.0 stock

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...&parttype=8840
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

whoa, so this is a good legit site yeah?? Thanks man!
      88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

I've got a budding collection of RockAuto fridge magnets. They ship one or two with every order
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Daaamn, shipping a muffler to Hawaii is like 45 bucks! I'll be doing some price checking and will do a bulk order I guess. Gotta get a list together...
          88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

Can you hear the little pump under the hood? Try it with the engine off, but the key on. If you can hear it, the pump is working. There may be a blockage in the fluid lines, or in the nozzles. Sometimes you can clear the nozzles out with a piece of tag wire.

If you can't hear the pump...

Did you run it low on fluid, and try and use it? If you tried to use it for extended periods while the reservoir was dry, you cavitated the little pump.

If not, make sure the connection is ok. If it is, the little pump probably took a dump.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

wtf... I went to check to see if I could hear the pump and it started working again...
              88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

Mine works intermittently too. Your pump is probably almost dead, but not quite. It seems to be temperature-related for me though, so I don't know what that means for you in Hawaii.

Get one from your local parts store, they're pretty much generic. Even if the new one isn't identical to the factory one, it's pretty much just a small pump with some tubing going in and out mounted to the firewall, so you can still rig it up even if it's different from stock. The most you should be paying is 15-25 bucks for american made.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Okay thanks, I'll fix it next time it stops working.
                  88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

Working...
                  X