custom dash project scrapped(for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom dash project scrapped(for now)

instead over the winter, i'm going to make a console, similar to petes, but i'm going to utilize gauge cages from a mustang. i will prob. use two of them

top row

coolant temp, oil pressure, voltage

bottom row

tach, tranny temp, oil temp

the mustang gauge cages that i'm looking at

are 2 5/8" holes. reason i'm going this route is for mainly simplicity. i was doing some rough drawings and shit and i would not have room for the nessacarry gauges. plus i would have to figure out a way to keep all the fucking indicators. i'm just not skilled enough to pull that off and have it look nice and work all at the same time. i'd find someway to fuck it up. with the console, it will look cleaner, and i can put more solid cupholders in. the ones i have now are cool, but i lose the ability to either play with the stereo or have my radar detector plugged in,lol.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

damn, those are sweet gauges!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

that would probably look pretty cool! build a set of cupholders into the console near the seat area........damm engineers and their lack of cupholders in the boxes lol
      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

:-p

my box has a cup holder :-p

SuperFord Profile
        Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
        -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
        -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
        -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
        Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

FUCK engineers.

They suck :boxing:
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

fuck em!!!!

sounds sweet man. they key to the console is the cardboard molds lol
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

We want pics when finished.

http://members.sounddomain.com/sambos86
              My 1979 F-250 Ranger Hi Boy
              33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrians
              390ci with a little bigger cam
              Holly 4 barrel with K&N
              4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

I felt like doing a little MS Paint Chop with BlackAndFlames Car. I am amazed I didn't have a picture of my dash on my computer but I didn't feel like goint on the laptop where they all are. So I searched Cardomain and I found his. The gauges I used were the Autometer Cobalt gauges. I always liked the blue in them and the blue LED ones they have for volt/amp/sound are always cool. I know its a little shrunk but o well. Gives you a pretty cool Idea of how it would look. Just got bored I guess.
                *To a Circus Theme*
                I like chicken, lots a chicken.
                Chick chicka chicken.
                Chick chicka chicken.
                Drudadrudadruda drumstick.

Now this is some sig abuse!
                *NOTE: Work is very boring*

Comment

that is fucking awesome. if only i had the old style dash,hmmmm, and with the old column i could mount a better looking wheel,, hmmm

the hamsters in my head are now running around. that is pretty much what i wanted to do. the only prob is finding small enough gauges and keeping all those fucking indicators,lol.
                  Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I remember seeing gauges that came with idiot lights built into them and they would come on if it went below/above a certain point on the gauge. I'm trying to find them now but I can't remember who manufactured them.
                    *To a Circus Theme*
                    Chick chicka chicken.
                    Chick chicka chicken.
                    Drudadrudadruda drumstick.

Now this is some sig abuse!
                    *NOTE: Work is very boring*

Comment

Working...
                    X