End Seal Intake gaskets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Seal Intake gaskets...

I posted this over at CVN, so I apologize if you had to read it twice, just wanted to see what the non-CVN people here thought. I got my Fel-pro intake gasket set and to my surprise it came with some really serious looking molded rubber end seals, complete with lips to keep them from sliding off the block. Wondered if they'd be any less likely to slip than regular style gaskets, or just using RTV.

Just use a bead of RTV.

Works great. You dont need those end gaskets.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I've heard the whole bead of RTV thing, but these still suck even with those tabs to hold 'em on?

Comment

those end seals are decent......in your case, i would use those .......make sure to use silicone on the corners of those gaskets betw the intake gaskets and those end seals.....again those seals are decent, i've never had one of those slip out or leak
        good luck!
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

If they'd been cork seals I woulda thrown 'em out, and that's what I was expecting, but these took me by surprise. They look very strong.

Comment

Working...
          X