grand marq 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grand marq 2003

i just got a 2003 grand marquie le ultimate.. 4.6 L. i see the LES has 235 hp, verse 220. on mine. so slowly, i want to get the most out of what i have. so where do i start? what can i do as far as a chip or flash? saving dual exhaust till later.. and opening up the air intake, either better filter, or something else? and is it true that the tranny doesn't need service? i find that hard to believe. i haven't got into this car yet, but a quick look over and i see alot of difference then my 96 caprice LT-1.. so i will need help on htis car as i start on this project.. i want ot keep the soft ride, just want dependable and long lasting with the most out of the stock motor. thanks

That 15 horsepower difference is the dual exhaust.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thats what i thought, although i see there is a different rear in the LEX. any help with either a chip or does this computer get flashed? thanks

Comment

A 2003 can still use a chip, 2005+ can not. Talk to Lonnie for a chip/tuner.

Also in 2003 a knock sensor was added which bumped the horsepower up to 224 single and 239 dual.
        -Michael

Comment

Oh, My God!
          Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)

Sincerely yours, Princess Fioricet

Comment

:waiting:
            -Michael

Comment

off-topic-----
              What the hell are you selling, Princess?

http://www.grandmarq.net/forum/profi...wprofile&u=280

Comment

try to find a dual exhaust setup if you can.

i'd go with a marauder airbox/MAF and a tune from an xcalibrator.

a good tuner can get you some nice gains.
                2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

Working...
                X