A call to all photoshoppers/graphics freaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A call to all photoshoppers/graphics freaks

We are continually improving the site. We've added a new portal page which is more professional looking. We've hung new curtains, they now match the carpet. We have waxed the floors. And like a newly waxed floor, it's time for the graphics guys here to shine.

We are looking for a new banner for the top of the forum. Here are some ground rules:

1. Banner must retain the current 160 pixel height.

2. The current width of the banner (without the pictures on each end) is 314px wide. We can do better. The banner can now be a maximum width of 500 pixels. This will allow those running a resolution as low as 1024X768 to not have any problems with the banner "stacking up" (pushing one of the pictures below the other). If you are running a resolution below that, there's nothing I can do for you. It's time to join the modern world. May sound harsh, but it's true.

3. Try to retain the PoTM heading.

4. Since we have a dark themed theme for GMN as well, try to make one that would work with both our light colored theme and the dark. Or make two of each banner you design, one for the light colored themes, and one that matches the dark colored theme. Or check out Dark Fantasy and see how I did it. Just a color reversal. Or don't. Just an option.

5. The text style doesn't matter, as long as it's readable. The point is to make a logo/banner that looks really good and professional. I don't think it matters if it says "GMN" or "Grandmarq.net".

6. To expand on rule 4 and 5. Give use variations. Each person can make as many variations of a banner as they wish, and post them up. Include a slogan if you wish. Make it really difficult for people to pick a banner lol

After the submissions start to peter out, we'll have a poll and let the community decide which one they want as the new banner. Be creative guys, show us what you got. Also, the "fifth anniversary" thing. You can either include that, or not include it. Or you can make two versions since the fifth anniversary isn't technically over until September 2010.

Good luck, and have fun with it.

Jon
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

I slipped on the front page's newly waxed floor, and am now suing you jerks for every penny you have.

Jerky...jerking...jerks.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
      I slipped on the front page's newly waxed floor, and am now suing you jerks for every penny you have.

Jerky...jerking...jerks.
      I slipped and fell, too!

CLASS ACTION TIME!

Comment

Working...
      X