Rear deck speaker size of 1986 ltc signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear deck speaker size of 1986 ltc signature

so i have 2 sets of 5x7 speakers kicking around that i dont use gonna throw em up on ebay if the towncar has 6x9's.

crutchfield says that 6-1/2" and 5-1/4" and 6x9 will fit.

i havent checked what size or even if the rears are the originals in my car.

just wanted to double check with you guys first.

on a positive note whatever is in my rear deck sounds way better than my friends 97 cavilier stereo with a 400$ cd player. the look on his face was priceless. him "those arent stock speakers" me "uh yeah they are"

so they are 6x9's?

and anyone have pics or specs?

saving fora bigass lcd hdtv for my computer.

Rear deck speakers in a Towncar are 6x9. They are held in with a rubber hanger thingy from underneath. Front doors use 5 1/4" if you leave the factory white plastic ring in there or 6 1/2" if you pull it. Dash are 4".
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks for the quick reply

Comment

what thain said..................my dashpad was trashed, so i surface mounted a pair of 5.25" speakers................6x8's also fit in the rear deck btw
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The front dash will hold 4"-3.5" speakes as well!

Six speaker system WOOT WOOT!!

Comment

you can even bolt em up too, solong the speakers have mounting holes.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Also, I don't know which ones do and don't have this but, mine has a spot for a 6X9 speaker up front as well, only one in the senter of the dash. The dash pad does not have the opening for it, but the dash structure does.

Comment

Towncars have a 6 speaker system stock.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ford premium radios rawk!

they're honestly the best sounding stock setup i've ever heard
                  Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

amp in mine was toast and reception on the radio sucked. Well, it didn't suck, it would just try and recieve nearby stations as well as the one being listened to. It sounded decent for just having the back speakers working tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilcrownvic
                      Ford premium radios rawk!

they're honestly the best sounding stock setup i've ever heard
                      Yes, I agreed!

:slug:
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

the hole in the middle of the dash was for the old base model am radio with single speaker :drug:

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
                          the hole in the middle of the dash was for the old base model am radio with single speaker :drug:
                          :stupid:
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yeah, I know....but you could put a high end 6X9 woofer there, for some major front end bass! Kind of like a 6.1 system
                            :slug:

Comment

not a bad idea.. . center channel

hmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X