Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will ANY make of shorty header fit my towncar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will ANY make of shorty header fit my towncar?

and which should i go for? bbk, headman, ford motorsport, mac?

and for comparison
    headman's hve 1 1/2 primaries
    and the motorsport ones have 1 5/8

im leaning toward the ford motorsport's

Comment

Whatever you get, make sure the head flange is one piece. MAC's are notorious for bein ga pain in the ass if bought used. They go through the heat cycling and when unbolted like to warp the individual flanges.

I have used mac's and they weren't fun on the install

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

the engine will be out of the car on install, but ive heard that as well about the macs. just for saftey sake macs are out.

what about flowtech?

Comment

stay away from the macs
          i run 1 5/8" hedman unequal length shortys.......around $160 us from jegs
          the bbk headers are decent
          i do believe that the motorsport headers are made for the gt40p heads......which have a different spark plug angle
          hooker makes equal length shortys, and theres flowtech also......those are the least expensive at $140 us

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
          X