NO2 on 97 4.6L??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO2 on 97 4.6L??

What should i run on it? a wet or dry shot? what shot could it handle? i was thinking like 50-100 shot that would shave about 3 seconds off my QM time or so.

and anyone know where to get a hose kit for a good price? i gotta bottle allready.

no2 will blow your shit up, thats nitrogendioxide

n2o is what you are looking for- nitrous oxide

3 seconds, you are dreaming

you can run a 125shot safely

your best bet is to buy a complete system off the mustang boards and make sure you have enough fuel pump

I really like the dry setups, I have had several of them and they work really good, no puddling, no intake explosions.
    I like the NOS dry setup
    if you insist on going wet, NX is probably your best bet

Comment

NOS or N20 is what i meant sorry my typographical error.. (which i made a few times already lol)

But i ran across a few threads and video's showing time slips. Plus do remember i am not running stock components, or gear ratios.

Uhm last time i went down the strip a few years ago it was running mid 15's, so i'd easily assume i could run 13's with a 100 shot and after i do a few more minor things. IE: aluminum intake manifold, larger TB plenum and maybe a nice tuneup.

but im no expert so please fill me with insight on these things if im not correct

Comment

Make sure your car's suspension components are up to par before going this route.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

not stock components?

What do you have?
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

um 3.55's and a headlamp i bought and ported and a wider aluminum intake tube. ummm i do run 93 octane gas im not sure how much of a difference that makes though??

umm i did superchip it but after it sat for two years i have no way of knowing if its still good. and also has a shift kit on it.

Comment

NOS is a brand- Nitrous Oxide Systems
              NX is a brand- Nitrous eXpress

supporting mods I would do would include-
              tracloc differential
              3200 stall
              free flowing exhaust system
              PI intake
              ported plenum
              drag radials

the supporting mods would be worth about .5-.6 in ET, probably 2-3mph
              125 shot should be worth 1 second ET and 10+mph

nitrous really works its magic out of the hole; if you can put the power down, the car could drop as much as 1.5 in ET, but if you cant get it out of the hole, it'll only drop .4or.5 in ET

Comment

Oh, by the way you worded that it sounded like you had forged internals and some other goodies.
                And i'd listen to Jay.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

2 1/2 inch true duals from manifolds back - Check
                  75mm plenum - check

as far as PI intakes go im assuming you mean something like the mustang 4.6 aluminum intake?

not sure but i can safely stall at about 2400 before i break loose which well isnt nearly what i need i understand this.

as far as tires i am just using some khumos right now but they are only V rated so im sure it'd be garbage for a shot of 125 HP.

i dunno im still very fresh to the whole perfomance moding thing i was always spoiled with buying things allready done up. Kinda hard to take it all in i suppose.

Comment

go get some PI heads and an intake. thats worth atleast 30rwhp. And with the intake off, you can tap for a wet shot. Then you'll be ready to rock.
                    get a Marauder converter or higher.
                    What you want is WIDER rear tires to deal with the traction. I have shitty s-rated tied on the Tank and can run it higher than i should. As Pontiac once said "Wider is better".
                    Thats why i'm putting 295's one Marauder.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

pi intake is 99up mustang, 01up panther- it has square ports that are larger than the npi round ports

I think you are referring to the bullit intake which is about 5hp better, but they cost $$$, like $1600 when all is said and done, I think you can do a pi intake for like $250, and the pi intake works pretty good, it will probably pick up 20hp or so just from the intake

pi cams are a nice upgrade also

Comment

And the junkyard is a great place to pick those up for like $30. Just inspect them before you buy it.
                        And i wouldn't go with the mustang super-expensive intake. Not worth it at all. I'd rather get the 4.6L stroker from ADTR before i spent $1600 on an intake!!
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

my rear's i measured are 9.5 inches wide.. should i go wider?

Comment

What does your tire say? it should say something like 215/70/R15
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Hi-Performance Solutions Intake

These guys make a sweet intake for the 4.6L 2V's. And it's created to run nitrous. It even has the bungs built into the manifold for installing a wet-shot system.

http://www.hiperformancesolutions.com/index2.html
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                              X