Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splash Guard?

Hi All,

What is the correct name of the big splash guard under the radiator?
    It's mounted between the front bumper and somewhere under the engine.
    I have to dismount it, to reach the AC-compressor.

Second question:

How do I dismount it? Any tips?

Thanks,

Greetings,

Arie
    BDRUP BDRUP BDRUP

Technicaly it is called a skid plate on trucks, but for cars it is called a splash gaurd for all intensive purposes. I faintly remember removing one off the 96 Vic we used to have, so I don't remember any details. I think it was just an unbolt and go thing. There isn't anything attatched to it.

Comment

I had to remove mine to remove/replace my pitman arm...I used a Phillips head screwdriver, that's it. Piece of pie, easy as cake.

Good Luck and
      Good Day
      1993 GM LS 244K
      29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
      All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

the 98+ dont have it its just a 2" plastic strip. I think it is more of an air deflector for cooling.

Comment

I totally F-ed up that one....no screwdriver, there are small bolts underneath that are easy to remove, then the splash guard is easily removeable. Sorry I posted misinformation.

Good Day
          1993 GM LS 244K
          29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
          All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

the 98+ dont have it its just a 2" plastic strip. I think it is more of an air deflector for cooling.
            Yup.

I got ride of mine.
            -Michael

Comment

I unbolted it and after working on the AC I put it back on.

I live in a rainy country. So, a bit of splash guard is usefull over here.

thanks all for the help,

Greetings,

Arie
              BDRUP BDRUP BDRUP

Comment

Working...
              X