X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a sway bar to a 2007 GS

Hey all,

New fellow here .

I have a 2007 GM GS with out the traction control option which means no rear sway bar. Honestly, this thing handles like an oil tanker is is way under powered (single tail pipe too). I need some help please. Does anyone have a pic of my body style sway bar installed? I need to know what components I will need. All the sites I have read says "stock components needed for install" but if that is just the end links then it's no big deal. However, do I need to fab some plates or do some drilling.

Thanks a ton! I have been trying to find a group to help out forever it feels like!

There should be some axle tube attachment brackets/bushings too unless it changed for the new design cars.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Should just need end links.
      Awesome Electronic Cigarettes
      Stable: 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 4x4
      1990 Dodge Power Ram W150 4x4
      1984 Grand Marquis Two Door Lowrider
      1983 Crown Victoria Two Door

Comment

this is what my 88 needs in a bad way. thing will torque like crazy and lift the front left while dropping the right rear at half throttle off the line (good 4-6 inch hop of the front corner and equal drop of the tail).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Pat added a rear sway bar to his 2008 CV.
          he has a complete list of parts he used.

http://crownvic.us/forum/showthread....=rear+sway+bar
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
            Pat added a rear sway bar to his 2008 CV.
            he has a complete list of parts he used.

http://crownvic.us/forum/showthread....=rear+sway+bar

ok you guys are freaking AWESOME!! thanks for all the help with this. I will post pics of how it goes too.

Comment

WTF?!!?! Not even a wimpy rear bar?? They musta really cut costs damn.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Yeah no rear sway bar at all. I really need to get it upgraded because this thing handles pretty poorly

Comment

Most of the 2003 and newer cars came with out a rear sway bar, unless the car came with sort of option package (ie ... HPP, LX sport, Police or Marauder).
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Yeah in '07 it was called the traction control package or something similar. It added dual exhaust and a sway bar. The LS had this standard but the GS it was an option. I thought the one I was getting had it but the dealer sold it out from under me. This one was the last 07 in North GA when I got it.

Comment

TASCA has sway

I just ordered everything to put the handling bar and bushings on the '09 GM. TASCA just shipped so we will see later this week if I have everything needed. They list it in the 2009 collision catalog. www.tascaparts.com
                      sigpic
                      2009 GM, 45,000 miles
                      ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

Yeah I saw this too. Question though, the handling options; are those the police OEM parts?

Comment

Bar just arrived. It measures 1" 25mm. I missed a couple parts that I just had to order, so no install this weekend.
                          sigpic
                          2009 GM, 45,000 miles
                          ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

I ordered mine this past weekend so I will post pics too when I get going.

Comment

20 min installation

All the parts arrived and it took all of 20 min to put on. Not counting the 20 min getting it up on jackstands... Favorite onramps now 20 miles an hour faster in 4 wheel drift. Back off on the throttle and the nose now tightens the line. Much better.
                              sigpic
                              2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

Working...
                              X