The MGM is no more but I have a a nice TC to replace him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MGM is no more but I have a a nice TC to replace him

Its been two months since I said goodbye to my 89 MGM. On the same day however I found a 1994 Lincoln Town Car to replace him. I have some pretty decent pictures in my albums of both but I have to say this areo TC is a real peach of a find. The work done to it before I took over ownership is emmence and it seems as thought the previous owners took care of it too. It has 174,000 on it now and it had 171,000 when I boought it. It has been all over NC and a few trips to GA. The trips to GA went well even with a bad mass air flow sensor. I have a few plans for it, mostly cosmetic like the front header from a 1997 TC. This will make it look super sweet and custom since I will not be changing out the side view mirrors. I have the rear tail piece as well but I have to do a little cutting to make it fit right, not as easy of a conversion as the front header but it will be done. As far as the engine goes, its solid and does not leak oil, but the valve seals and guides are shot so I burn through about a quart of 15w40 every 1500 miles, the ratio isnt bad yet, so im gonna wait on pulling the heads. I know the seals can be changed with out removing the heads, but the guids cannot so I am going to wait and do a nice rebuild round next year sometime. Again I have pictures in my albums if you guys wanna comment. Larter mangs!
    sigpic 1994 Lincoln TC executive

nice towny!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Congrats. That car is beautiful.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thank you, I got some plans for it I am going to take plenty of photos

Comment

Working...
          X