Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J-mod update.

I'm doing the J-mod to the Tank today.
    I ordered the new gaskets to do the Marauder and the Tank.
    The Tank has the AODE and the Marauder has the 4r70w.

Here's the deal.....

I compared the gaskets and the gaskets for the 4R70W and they WILL WORK on the AODE.
    The 4R70W gaskets have more holes, but all the required holes for the AODE are there.

I spent the money for the required gaskets on the AODE and they were $11 and $9.
    The gaskets for the 4R70W were $1.79 each. That's because they have them in stock and readily available.

You may have to trim one hole with an X-ACTO knife, but besides that, you won't have to wait a week for them to come in. And you save $15.

By the way, the gaskets are :

- 1W7Z-7D100-AB
    - 1L3Z-7C155-AA

-ryan s.

When I get home, i'll post pics showing the differences and such.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

you should ask Jerry if its ok to do to aode, for some reason I thought that was only for 4r70w?

Comment

Nope. You can J-mod the AODE. Because I just did.
      The only differences are the wider gears, the output shaft length, and the bigger output shaft housing.
      I put the output shaft housing from a 4R70W onto the AODE and it accepted the aluminum driveshaft without having to change the flange.
      I just did the separator plate. I left the springs for the accumulators in because it's my DD and i don't need neck-breakingshifts.
      But just the plate made a difference. The 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are much firmer. They don't feel as blah as they were before.

The car feels like it wants to take off. I love it.

So, Tom, get ready for the Tank at SouthernFest!!!

-ryan s.

(p.s. in the TCCOA j-mod page, there's even a section that is for AODE/-97 models)
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

If I may ask what is a J-mod? Please don't banish me to the depths of hell for asking either.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
          If I may ask what is a J-mod? Please don't banish me to the depths of hell for asking either.
          LOL!! Ditto!!!!!
          '84 Grand Marquis
          Damn thing just keeps runnin'!

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important." T.S. Elliot

Comment

I think I saw the tank today, but it was from a distance :P

Comment

Sweet!!!
              J-mod, in simplest terms:
              -Drilling holes on the stock separator plate to increase fluid pressure. This increases the speed and firmness of the shifts. The separator plate goes between the valve body and the transmission itself. I will post up pics tomorrow. I have to drive to philly today.
              -removing or replacing springs in the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators to really increase the shifts.
              - if you get a tune, tell them you have a j-moded transmission and then they can bump up the line pressure and then your shifts will kick ass.

this is ONLY available on AODE/4R70W transmission. I don't know if it's possible to do this mod to the AOD. It may be possible. Someone might have to take the plunge and test it.

It cost me:
              -$5 for 2 gaskets
              -$30 i transmission fluid
              -a few drill bits

I do have the stock separator plate from the tank. I can drill it out and get the gaskets and sell it to anyone if they're interested.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
              X