Parting out/ selling my 83 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parting out/ selling my 83 Grand Marquis

so it's time for me to retire the beast. 4th gear slips after driving around for a while. rear differential needs a complete rebuild as well (bad whirring sound while driving). upper control arm bushings are shot. body has many dents and dings. she's become too costly to maintain and is not worth the work to me especially since i don't have the money to keep fixing her. motor is pretty much sold already as it only has 80k on it since it was long blocked before i bought the car in '06. ask about any parts and i'll tell you what shape the part is in so you can decide if you want it. complete car for $500. motor has been bid up to $250 as of tonight. has Y code open rear with 3.08 gear. power driver and passenger leather seats, drivers is showing lots of wear and cracks but both motors work perfectly. all glass in excellent shape. bumpers are decent as well.

things NOT for sale: dash pad, rear wagon cargo coil springs

make me an offer on anything
    88 CVPI - 5.0, lsc headers, punched cats, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, transgo shift kit, 3rd gen police console, 3rd gen push bar, KC Daylighters, wagon rear springs, soon to be 3.55 posi rear, all police antennas and spotlight, 216k on orignal motor, trans, and rear.
    90 Festiva - 1.6 dohc turbo pushing 15 psi, full coil overs, 6 puck clutch. Daily whip that shits and gets. 30 mpg!

What color is the interior?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

hey I'll take that passenger's side corner light off your CV, pm me price with shipping quote to 44830.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

does it have a tripminder if so i will take the tripminder and it's wiring harness.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Ironically I now need a LF or RR window motor... lol. If you wound up with a new one, maybe we can trade for the spotlight?
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            What color is the interior?
            the seats and door panels are grey out of my 84 crown vic. i have most of the interior from the gmq which is dark blue. also have most of the grey from the vic
            88 CVPI - 5.0, lsc headers, punched cats, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, transgo shift kit, 3rd gen police console, 3rd gen push bar, KC Daylighters, wagon rear springs, soon to be 3.55 posi rear, all police antennas and spotlight, 216k on orignal motor, trans, and rear.
            90 Festiva - 1.6 dohc turbo pushing 15 psi, full coil overs, 6 puck clutch. Daily whip that shits and gets. 30 mpg!

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
              does it have a tripminder if so i will take the tripminder and it's wiring harness.
              no, it's got the analog quartz clock that i'm keeping, though i don't know why i am. the plastic is fogged over so you can't really see it well and part of the minute hand fell off somewhere along the line. sorry

Comment

Damn I was hoping for the beige interior. Are the seats police buckets?
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Damn I was hoping for the beige interior. Are the seats police buckets?
                  nope, power leather split bench... the vic i had was one of the few that came fully loaded with the full vinyl roof treatment, frenched rear window, and florescent coach lights on the b pilliars. i actually still have the lights in hopes of one day finding another one. they were the last remaining set of NOS at a ford obsolete parts warehouse when i got them in 05, still in the boxes. the new p72 i just got, however, has the beige interior with police buckets, but i'm not parting with them

Comment

Congrats on the purchase of the '88 P72. Any pics on here or Facebook??
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nope not yet... they will be up on facebook soon though... she was a brown sheriffs car but was repainted red when sold to a local rescue squad... body has no dents, dings, or scratches and just needs to be compounded, buffed, then waxed to bring the paint back to life

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                        Ironically I now need a LF or RR window motor... lol. If you wound up with a new one, maybe we can trade for the spotlight?
                        a trade sounds to be a great idea as all the motors in both cars are working, with a few just needing a quick rebuild. also have i think 2 spares lying around in need of rebuild as well.

on a side note, also have a spare driveshaft in the shed if anybody happens to need one. universals are good, balance is good, best offer. kinda hard to ship though lol

Comment

:bump:

anybody need anything? make me an offer on anything... everything except exhaust and motor go... if nobody buys anything, she's gonna probably be crushed, or taken to a local yard, and eventually crushed. now's the time to buy, people!!! lol

since i have more time, she's an 83 Grand Marquis, 3.08 open rear, has full leather interior with power front seats (both work) all good lenses and bezels except drivers side front (deer at 70 will do that), grille is in great shape, most body panels are dented or dinged up, most chrome is at least fair if not good, hell i wish i could keep her for the perfect original vinyl roof. non-rear window defrost car, window motors all work, with extras on hand, extra trim from doors and windows from my 84 Crown Vic on hand, and much more... ask me anything and i'll let you know what i've got

Comment

Any chance it's a manual driver's mirror car?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

hows the instrument cluster? is it quiet or does it rattle?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X